Picture issues...

Reaction score
I've tried several different methods to resolve my issues with these two simple tasks...this is very frustrating.

First, mail.app does not send windows-friendly attachments. Anyone I send them to on a PC says they cannot open any photo I send.

Secondly, when I insert a photo into a MS Word doc, all I get is a black shape.

What gives?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
launch mail

Click on Edit go down to attachments and chose always send windows friendly attachments . That should solve one problem.. I'm no expert on word sorry

OP
Reaction score
I always check that box in each individual e-mail. The pictures are usually in "negative" format or they show up as red x's. The other odd thing is that mail.app always seems to embed the images into the body of the e-mail...not attach them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
are you saving the files in CMYK colour mode. Anything but RGB will not display or open on a typical PC, or display in office applications

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.