Garrys Mod on Mac via Steam using CrossOver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help me;

I currently use steam through CrossOver to play Garrys Mod and I need to access the game files for it to add packs and mods to the game, does anyone know where i can find them? (Ive already checked the package contents of steam, no where to be found :( )

Reaction score
Garrys Mod File

I currently use steam through CrossOver to play Garrys Mod and I need to access the game files for it to add packs and mods to the game, does anyone know where i can find them? (Ive already checked the package contents of steam, no where to be found :( )

I have been trying to find it but then i found it by

1. go to manage bottles

2. select the steam bottle

3. go to applications in the right hand corner of the window

4. select steam and press the button where it says open in c; drive it may not say that but looks similar

5. select program files

6. then select steam

7. then scroll down to steamapps

8. then go to your steam account file which is in the file your in

9. select garrys mod

10. and then there should be another garrys mod file go there and your done:D

if you don't see the some files missing like the files in lua then just add the whole file

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.5.4 2008 macbook
Hey, im on leopard. I got crossover from AZUREZ and have it running pretty good. I got steam through it but its pretty sketchy when i open it. I also have a torrented halflife two for mac. Its extension is app. My main goal is to get garrys mod, i have heard u can get it via crossover. I am not sure if i have to get an exe. half life 2 and just pay the ten dollars or what i need to do. Basically im looking for a full walkthrough of how to get gmod from crossover on a mac using steam. That would be a massive help cause ive been searching FOR EVER for this help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.5.4 2008 macbook

How did you get garrys mod on steam through crossover. do you need to get HL2 from steam as well? does it need to be in your games list? is it possible to get it from a torrent though i already have it in a mac format. Or do you just pay the ten dollars and its that simple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Pro, 2GB RAM and 160GB hard disc.
Here...

I actually have an archive for this. Just click "Add from archive" and select the archive, which you can get here. By the way, I signed up only to help with this ;) The file will probably finish uploading by 6:00 PM EST.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.