Need help with ipod PLEASE!

Reaction score
Ok, please forgive the long description, but I need to be specific, in hopes that someone can help me.
first off, I am pretty mac/ipod savvy, but this is a new one for me.
My friend brings his WINDOWS BASED ipod over for some music (i have a macbook), no problem, I have put music on his ipod in the past. well, we plug it in, and after a slow appearance in the source list, I start dumping music on it. well, after a minute I get the pinwheel, and the transfer just freezes, well I left it alone for a good 3-5 minutes, before becoming frustrated and just unplugging the ipod. I knew that this was a bad idea, but we didn't care, because the ipod was pretty much empty when he came over. well, the ipod restarted, and was empty.. no big deal, we will just start over.
WRONG.
I plug it in, and his ipod DOES show up on my desktop, BUT NOT IN ITUNES. I know this is fairly common, but MY IPOD WORKS FINE IN ITUNES, and I know that I have all the up to date software.
Here is where it gets weird. lets say your itunes is closed, and you plug your ipod in... itunes automatically opens right? well, when I plug his in, itunes opens! it just wont show up in the source list.
I have tried resetting the ipod.. about 11 times.. I ran the diagnostics..
nothin.
please help.
thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
did you try plugging it in to a windows computer and seeing what happens?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.