New MBP. Extremely Slow Internet

Reaction score
For the past week my wireless internet has been extremely slow but i have a strong signal and all my roommates internet isn't affected at all. Everyonce in awhile it gets strong again but usually it is very very dull and i show a strong signal on my airport. anyone else experience this or know the problem

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
For the past week my wireless internet has been extremely slow but i have a strong signal and all my roommates internet isn't affected at all. Everyonce in awhile it gets strong again but usually it is very very dull and i show a strong signal on my airport. anyone else experience this or know the problem

Try changing the wireless channel the router uses and see if it gets any better. Other routers in the immediate area may be creating interference. Changing the channel varies the frequency ever so slightly, sometimes correcting these types of problems. Many routers use channel 11 out of the box, which can cause this kind of problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Reaction score
I had the same problem. For some reason my MBP (and apparently many others as well) had a DNS problem. Here's what worked for me (and others if you do a google search):

Go to the network pref pane.
Click advanced.
Click on the DNS tab.
Add 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 to the DNS Servers list.

Presto, blazing fast internet.

Reaction score
Totally worked

You are officially my hero. I've been suffering through horrifically slow internet for a while now. 6 hours to download an episode of The Office from iTunes.

You're awesome! Thanks!

I had the same problem. For some reason my MBP (and apparently many others as well) had a DNS problem. Here's what worked for me (and others if you do a google search):

Go to the network pref pane.
Click advanced.
Click on the DNS tab.
Add 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 to the DNS Servers list.

Presto, blazing fast internet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.