Help: Windows won't install and MacBook wont start in OS X anymore :(

Reaction score
So i am not too experienced with the Mac OS X and i finally got around to installing leopard on my system...
now i wanted to try the dual boot using boot camp and see if I can get windows on there as well, so I can get some of the programs needed to run on there...
Anyway... so i started the boot camp assistant thing.. and it set up my hard drive to make the separate partition.. and then it told me to put a xp pro SP2 cd..
so i put the xp pro corp sp2 CD and the screen turned white... i guess it did a reboot.. and then the cd i put in popped out :(
it said no boot disc found... (i know the xp cd works coz i just did a clean install on a windows laptop this week and everything worked fine)
i had a couple of questions...

first... how do i fix this problem and successfully install windows?

second.. if it doesnt work... im stuck at the no boot disc found, insert correct disc and press any key to continue screen... how do i just skip past that and go into my leopard install and forget about everything else.. i just want to access all my stuff..:'(:'(
:Shouting::Shouting::Shouting:

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
So i am not too experienced with the Mac OS X and i finally got around to installing leopard on my system...
now i wanted to try the dual boot using boot camp and see if I can get windows on there as well, so I can get some of the programs needed to run on there...
Anyway... so i started the boot camp assistant thing.. and it set up my hard drive to make the separate partition.. and then it told me to put a xp pro SP2 cd..
so i put the xp pro corp sp2 CD and the screen turned white... i guess it did a reboot.. and then the cd i put in popped out :(
it said no boot disc found... (i know the xp cd works coz i just did a clean install on a windows laptop this week and everything worked fine)
i had a couple of questions...

first... how do i fix this problem and successfully install windows?

second.. if it doesnt work... im stuck at the no boot disc found, insert correct disc and press any key to continue screen... how do i just skip past that and go into my leopard install and forget about everything else.. i just want to access all my stuff..:'(:'(
:Shouting::Shouting::Shouting:

First off, the disc must meet specific criteria. It must be a retail or non-branded OEM version of Windows XP (a "branded" OEM copy would be one with a Dell, HP or other vendor label on it). In addition, the disc must have SP2 integrated into it. Also, if you've used the disc to install Windows on another machine, be aware that Windows XP and newer versions have protection measures that will keep that disc from working on more than one machine at a time.

My guess would be that the disc is damaged in some way. There are times that a certain optical drives will be more sensitive than others.

With that said, the Boot Camp assistant will automatically set your system to boot from the CD and later from the Windows partition to finish the install. You can eject the disc by holding the mouse/trackpad button when the machine starts. If the machine still won't boot, you can choose your OS X partition by holding the Option key during startup, which will allow you to choose which partition to boot from.

OP
M
Reaction score
thanx for the info..
i did some googling while waiting for an answer here... and found the option key trick.. and was able to boot into my leopard os...

I am pretty sure its SP2 integrated, and its weird that it wont boot from the disc..
i might have 2 burn a new copy of it and try it again.. but for now.. i just went ahead and removed the boot camp partition till i figure it out!

ill have to dig through my cd folders to find a proper SP2 xp CD..
the only thing that it could be is that its a windows xp pro corp cd.. its the one that uses the corporate serial number which doesnt need activation and stuff... that could be causing a problem maybe... but its still xp professional SP2

Reaction score
Before you do anything like reinstalling OS X, try holding the Option key down when the computer starts up. If that doesn't work, put your leopard disk in and go to disk utility and delete the windows partition, then again hold down the option key. The option key tells firmware to open a screen asking you which to boot from. Even if the windows partition you created is gone, it'll still ask the first time you start up, and won't start unless you do the option key thing.

That's how to get it to boot in OS X again.

Now, if you want to install XP, you have to be sure you have a regular version of XP Service Pack 2. Service Pack 1 will not install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
The XP corporate CD may not be bootable. I assume you work in a corporation, so that it's legal for you to use one...?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.