mutt & address book

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 GHz intel c2d, 2gb ram, xp and os x.6
allright. so I'm dual booting archlinux and os x.4. for my mail on arch I'm using mutt-ng + offlineimap + msmtp + rolo + mutt_vc_query.

I'm having trouble importing my contacts from address book.

I tried exporting all my contacts as a .vcf file and opening it in rolo. however, i only get 4 out of the 200+. I think it has something to do with the photos that are embedded in the vcards, but I'm not sure. of the 4 contacts that do get imported one is supposed to have a photo and I get all these ////// marks all over the screen when I view that contact.

I know for certain that I am exporting all the contacts properly, because I have to do the same thing to get them on my ipod ever since I quit using iTunes.

this is what I'm thinking. I should probably backup my address book. go through and manually remove all the photos. export that as a .vcf that I can use in rolo and then reload the backup of my address book.

I guess I'm looking for either some affirmation that this should work or an alternative before I take the time to go do all of this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.