P2P Program for Mac?

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a P2P program for legal use? I used Soulseek on my PC, and am currently using Solarseek and I am very unsatisfied with it and I absolutely refuse to use any form of Limewire.

Thank you in advance for any help!

OP
T
Reaction score
Also something that is not Torrent preferably. I'm hard to please, simply because Soulseek is so great. Any kind of Soulseek-style P2P or DC++ style P2P is what I'm lookin for here.

But on the subject of Torrent.. Anyone know about the website Zoozle? It searched every single torrent site for the desired file. But it closed down?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBookPro 2.33 GHz, 2 GB Ram 160 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 750 GB External HDD
Also something that is not Torrent preferably. I'm hard to please, simply because Soulseek is so great. Any kind of Soulseek-style P2P or DC++ style P2P is what I'm lookin for here.

But on the subject of Torrent.. Anyone know about the website Zoozle? It searched every single torrent site for the desired file. But it closed down?

Never heard of that site, I miss my Demonoid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Limewire works great for me and is legal (I'm pretty sure)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
poisoned, works with the ares network, GiFT network, gnutella network (sadly), and i believe is expandable to work with other networks (through plugins)

as network packed as it is, its not my favourite p2p program. Sadly its probably the only p2p app that works with the ARES network (which i love so much)

i just wish someone ports ares.exe to the mac, its a rlly simple app that reuires some reworking in the code area. unfortunately i do not know code as i am only a student, and have not had the access/opportunity to learn programming/code...

anyway poisoned might be ur answer?

Reaction score
Acquisition is really good but it's shareware. It automatically transfers files you download into itunes so you dont have to do anything besides click download and enjoy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
Acquisition is really good but it's shareware. It automatically transfers files you download into itunes so you dont have to do anything besides click download and enjoy.

thats wat i got. no problems with it at all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Another vote for Acquisition here...it functions completely normal for the first 60 minutes it is open, then places a download cap of 10 kb/s after that. Also, some search results are randomly disabled, but that has never stopped me from getting what I am looking for.

I believe it connects to the Limewire, among other, networks. It automatically filters out any files that are exclusive to PC and other files likely to be malware (.exe, .dll, etc.)

OP
T
Reaction score
So after an hour of use with Acquisition, you can only download at 10 KB/S? Doesn't sound too great to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Well if whatever I'm downloading hasn't finished yet, I just quit and restart the program. Yes, it resets the connections to your peers, but I have a hard time justifying paying for the app when the share/nagware version does me just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
Another vote for Acquisition here...it functions completely normal for the first 60 minutes it is open, then places a download cap of 10 kb/s after that. Also, some search results are randomly disabled, but that has never stopped me from getting what I am looking for.

I believe it connects to the Limewire, among other, networks. It automatically filters out any files that are exclusive to PC and other files likely to be malware (.exe, .dll, etc.)

thats weird, thats never happen to me. and yes they use the limewire and guett... (whatever) networks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thats weird, thats never happen to me. and yes they use the limewire and guett... (whatever) networks.

its gnutella which is limewire :Angry-Tongue:

edit: i'm being mad at limewire not who asked that question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i rlly dont like it

the whole network, and the software itself

if only they would port ARES p2p from winblows, its not THAT hard, minimal code (something like 1.5 mb) and there arent alot of os related aspects in the program, except the theme and the use of a built in media player using wmp

sigh...
(might set up a project request for this)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.