Belkin F5D7632UK4A Wireless Router/Modem Dropping DSL connection

Reaction score
ive got a belkin Belkin F5D7632UK4A ver. 7000uk ADSL modem/router.
Got the router to work but the DSL connection drops after usually 1-2 hours.

A webpage just wont load, its like the router freezes. The DSL light flashes but will not re-connect.

I've contacted Belkin support about this and they replaced the router. but the exact same thing is happening with the replacement.

I'm using a PPoE connection. Tried changing the "dial on demand" to zero and 999. but still know good. the firmware is up to date, and i cant find any update on the belkin site.

tried doing a hard restart using restart button on router right after a "dropped connection". entered in ISP setting and the router connects for a few minutes and it drops again.

So could i use a firmware update for a different version?
Firmware updates for earlier versions mention that it fixes PPoE dropping connection.

sorry for the long post, but any help would be appreciated.
are belkin routers just bad??

OP
M
Reaction score
contacted belkin again last night and the support agent suggested turning off the routers firewall.

so i seem to have a better connection now. not dropping as much. but it still loses the DSL connection and its hard to get it back.

have to cycle power on/off for it to connect.

looks like im having a converstion to myself here ;)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Have you tried contacting your DSL provider about this? It might be an eccentricity of the service or a wiring issue.

I know on my router, there's a setting when using a PPPoE connection called "Keep alive, redial after xxx seconds". By default that is checked and set to 30 seconds. Does yours have something similar?

OP
M
Reaction score
hellocwa107,

yes i was told to tick the "dial on demand" and set it to "0" and "999".

i dont think its the ISP or phoneline as i have my older router a ZyXEL prestige and it connects first go, no problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.