Launch Application with a set Keystroke?

P

Pyro

Does anybody know how I can get OS X to load a specific program if I hit like command+space or something? I want to get a program called namely to run when you hit command+space, just like launchbar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Go to system preferences
Keyboard and Mouse
Keyboard Shortcuts
Click the + button

I don't think you can use command space but you can do option + just about any key

OP
F

flonejek

Or you could get Quicksilver, its totally awesome, and lets you launch anything from a little transparent bexel. For example you hit Command + Space, the bezel pops up, then type namely, and as you're typing it shows you the closest matches in your Applications folder (also searches bookmarks and itunes and other stuff with various plugins), then you hit enter to just launch the app. I use it all the time, otherwise my dock would be way overcrowded :)

link: http://quicksilver.blacktree.com/

OP
L

ldj

Hi, I tried adding keyboard shortcuts. I wanted to add Safari by pressing command-shift-s, im sure that its not used by anything else. I add it, but when i press it nothing happens. I have this problem with all the software i try to add to the keyboard shortcuts. Can anyone plz tell me what im doing wrong? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
flonejek said:
Or you could get Quicksilver, its totally awesome, and lets you launch anything from a little transparent bexel. For example you hit Command + Space, the bezel pops up, then type namely, and as you're typing it shows you the closest matches in your Applications folder (also searches bookmarks and itunes and other stuff with various plugins), then you hit enter to just launch the app. I use it all the time, otherwise my dock would be way overcrowded :)

link: http://quicksilver.blacktree.com/

I second that. Quicksilver is the BEST program for keyboard jockeys. I launch 90% of all apps with it. I never wade through my Applications menu anymore. Quicksilver is also great for going to a URL in a hurry.

It's also FREE. :)

Gosh, this is my first post in months.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.