SOb... This is bad :(

M

mac_noobie

Well, unfortunatly my powerbook has gone on the fritz. I bought it about two and a half months ago, and tonight when I went to turn it on I was on my way to the shower and I heard the startup noise then left the room. When I cam back everything was off and it wouldn't start up again. A few minutes later I gave it another try and I heard the startup noise, and I thought
"phew, must have been one of those strange things" But then the screen woulnd go on and the computer just went silent. I have no clue what could be wrong... it's been pretty humid today... but nothing too much, even so I unpluged everything and took out the battery just incase. I am not sure what the problem is but its very dis-heartening I really like my powerbook and I hope the Apple support is good should I have to send it in for repairs. I'd apprechiate anyone telling me what they thought of Apples repair support. I just put $1600 into this thing... Sob, I really hope I don't have to put in even more.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Call Apple tomorrow if it still doesn't work. My experience with their service was very good...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
You sure it was charged? Did you try running it with the charger on? Why was it shut down, we usually just sleep our Macs, even notebooks

OP
M

Maju

witeshark said:
You sure it was charged? Did you try running it with the charger on? Why was it shut down, we usually just sleep our Macs, even notebooks

Hi, i´m a relativly new Mac user and this is question I´ve wondered about.
I have an iMac 17" and powerbook 15". So never shut down, huh? Just "sleep"?
Totally agree! Never ever go back!

OP
M

mac_noobie

Hi again, I know somethings wrong with it.. THis time I turned it on and the startup screen showed for about 3 seconds. Then it shut off again, the battery was full, and I tried it plugged in too. Today the battery was more than half way drained so I took it out again and packed it all up. I am taking it to and apple store about an hour away to see if they can help me with it.

Thank's for your responses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Maju said:
Hi, i´m a relativly new Mac user and this is question I´ve wondered about.
I have an iMac 17" and powerbook 15". So never shut down, huh? Just "sleep"?
Totally agree! Never ever go back!
Yup, sleep only is the Mac way. None of that pc boot up waiting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I don't even put mine to sleep. When I go to bed at night I just go to the login screen, but don't log out......

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Did you drop it...?

OP
M

mac_noobie

No... I did not Drop it absolute zero... and it can obviously be seen since there isn't even a mark on the thing and I've only babied it since day one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.