Help, how to make a "clone hard-drive"

N

nbikkasa

Hello

I just got a new G5 and want to transfer an application from my old G4 cube, which does not support firewire target disk mode, since updating the firmware needs me to boot into os9 which I do not have, then I want to make a "clone" of my hard drive on one of my firewire harddrives, boot the G5 in target disk mode, and transfer the one application(Thoth) to my new computer, does anyone have any insight into how to do this?

Thanks

OP
B

Badger

Clone X and Carbon Copy Cloner will both make complete copies of the contents of the source disk and transfer it to a target disk. However, I don't believe either one will allow a selective restore (in other words, all or nothing). If you are trying to transfer only one app you can make a disk image using Disk Copy or Disk Utility. Note that if you copy only the app you will not get the pref or registration info so have any registration info ready if you need it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I use carbon copy cloner and like it....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.