Mouse pointer is "walking" across the screen. Return it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I recently had my wireless Mighty Mouse replaced due to the scroll ball not working. In the past couple days, I noticed that sometimes when I pick the mouse up off the mousepad to reposition, the curser, or pointer, will independently start moving up the screen until I put the mouse back down. It's not a big issue, but should I just get it replaced in case it gets worse? Anyone else had this happen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
My (Logitech) cordless mouse sometimes moves the mouse pointer slightly when I'm waving it around, but it shouldn't do it through normal use, i.e. lifting it to reposition it. I'd replace it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
You want to return the cursor? :)
Why not give a different mouse a try?? I can't stand the mighty mouse.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't want a different mouse. The MM is perfect for my needs. Besides, I still have over a year and a half of warranty under Applecare. I still think the problem is the mouse since this has never happened before. Oh well, I can always get it exchanged any time.

M

MacHeadCase

Did the replacement MM always had this problem ? If not, when did this start to happen ? Any new software installed ? Did you add anything to your set up just prior ?

If it always had this problem... Do you lift the MM from the mousepad ? I think you should slide the mouse instead because the sensor is scrambling to find co-ordinates. Or did you try a different mousepad just to see if it would help ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.