recovering iWeb files

Reaction score
Yes, my Mac went down with all files on board. And I have a large iWeb/.Mac site, which I want to recover. Is it possible to retrieve it from .Mac? Or are they kept somewhere within a user directory? How can I retrieve it all???!!

I'd backed up my user directory, but not the application directories.:Oops:

Tony

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBAir
In your user directory, open up your user Library, then goto Application Support, then goto the iWeb folder. In there you will find a file named Domain. That is the file you are looking for. It contains your whole site.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ah - so easy when you know how! Many thanks.

It would, however, be a useful addition to iWeb, to be able to download a site from iMac....

OP
T
Reaction score
Unfortunately SiteSucker doesn't do too well - it seems to be too limited to cater for all the features. In any case, there's no means (I think) in iWeb for importing HTML files; it has its own structure.

Even more unfortunately, the original files were lost, as the user files I'd backed up didn't include the local iWeb files!

Reaction score
good tip tonyb, now you have all the files on your computer using SiteSucker, how you put it back in iWeb ? iWeb uses a package file called Domain located in user/library/application support/iWeb. Do you have to make a Package with all the files? if yes how do you do it?

Thanx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.