Upgrading Memory --- Suggestions?

Reaction score
I see that most people buy their memory from Crucial. What other brands would you also recommend?

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
I go with datamem.com. Lifetime warranty (nearly everyone is doing this now), great price (the best I found at the time). They're one state away from me so it's next-day-shipping-for-the-price-of-ground too.

Reaction score
+1 for OWC. I have upgraded RAM on 2 Macs with OWC RAM. Both machines are running great and I received the RAM quickly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
I use Corsair in any new PC build, plus both my eMacs are loaded with Corsair, ultra reliable stuff, even the value line is decent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Does anybody know if these modules are compatible?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231154

On paper it looks fine, but does anybody know for certain?

On my PC forum, computerpowerusers.com, most of the folks there tend to stay away from GSkill. They, and I, prefer Corsair, OCZ, Mushkin and Patriot or Crucial. If you get any one of those brands, I'd say you're OK.

I personally bought Mushkin because Newegg had a great price for 4GB at the time. I'd say look for the better brands, most for the money...

Noel

Reaction score
On my PC forum, computerpowerusers.com, most of the folks there tend to stay away from GSkill. They, and I, prefer Corsair, OCZ, Mushkin and Patriot or Crucial. If you get any one of those brands, I'd say you're OK.

I personally bought Mushkin because Newegg had a great price for 4GB at the time. I'd say look for the better brands, most for the money...

Noel

I actually love G-Skill memory. I would rate them as high quality performance wise (not sure about reliability, but my sticks have worked just fine.) The reason I wanted to use the G-Skill RAM that I pointed out was because the timing on those modules were 4-4-4-12 instead of the 5-5-5-15 that the other modules offer. Anyways, another reason why I like G-Skill is because my desktop memory that they sold me had the Micron D9 chip, which is just awesome :D. Plus, they're cheap.

Edit:
BTW, can you give a specific reason for why you don't like/trust G.Skill? I'm quite interested actually.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.