A Whole New World (minus the carpet ride)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Tower Tiger | iPod Video
I'm sure this forum gets flooded with these type of posts, but I just can't contain myself. I'm a lifelong PC user, since back in the days of Win 3.1 and 3.5 floppys. I have just been given a G4 Tower from a good friend of mine, and all I can say is Wow... At 500 mhz and 256 mb of RAM, it's an amazing machine running OS X Tiger. I can't wait to get home today and install the new HD (150 gig), RAM and processor I ordered (up to 1 gig RAM and 1.8 ghz speed.) But what I loved most of all, was the ease of use. Like I have seen so far from reading the posts on this forum, it's like heaven to install OS X on a clean drive, boot it up, and BAM! everything is ready to go. All my network drives, networked PC, software, everything. No more spam software to delete, or uncountable settings to change. I was blown away. So thanks for allowing me to enter the world of Mac on the Mac Forums! I can't wait to get my hands on a shiny new MacBook soon :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
Congrats!!! I if really like that G4, you won't be able to contain yourself when you get that much faster Macbook. ;D

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
Congrats!!! I if really like that G4, you won't be able to contain yourself when you get that much faster Macbook. ;D

Oh, do you got that right! :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5ghz, 4 gig Ram, 250 hard drive, 512 nvidia
yeah its really great having the freedom to break away from windows. Im not sure why i didnt escape sooner.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.