Be careful what you Digg...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
So I've been happily writing my little blog on adopting a Mac for a little over a month now. Yesterday I said to myself "Hmm, maybe I should put this is Digg and see if anything happens".

This morning someone must have noticed because it hit the #9 story of the day on Digg.com. As of right now I have 878 diggs, nearly all from today, and got several hundred posts within each of my posts on the blog.

Frankly I'm a little overwhelmed. Lots of positive comments from Mac folks, lots of stupid posts from haters, but mostly lots of posts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
*clicks on link in sig* I see no more than 3 Diggs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I saw the story on the sidebar, didn't check it though. That's cool that you got a front page story. :D

Dugg!! ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Posting here because I don't want to create an account on your blog (just a personal preference, don't take it personally ;) ) but regarding your latest entry about wanting to get your wife a Mac, I went through the same thing.

Six months after I switched with a Mac Mini I went with my wife to the Apple store to pick up one for her. How did I do it?

Patience. Over the course of those six months, she observed that while she was having all kinds of issues with the XP desktop I built for her while my computing experience at home was completely stress-free. So when I proposed the idea to switch her over with a new computer naturally the first question was 'how do we afford that?' So I reasoned that Apple probably had some sort of financing option where we could pay it off over time, and sure enough there was. One new credit card later there was a $700 dent in it, and I was setting up her new Mini and hauling the jet-engine loud old desktop away.

I showed her a few things, put Photoshop on it, then stepped back and waited for the inevitable questions to pop up.

....and waited.

...and waited.

Finally two weeks later, thinking she hadn't been using it out of frustration (I spend most of my time in a different room; it just works out that way) I asked her how it was going with her new Mac. She responded with "Oh, it's been wonderful! It's so intuitive and I've been getting a whole lot done with my artwork. I'll never give any money to that Gates guy now ever again!"

Was a no brainer six months after that to convince her to buy her own Macbook after I got mine. The way she stroked it once I brought it home was...giving me a complex (which I got over) because she would now be able to do stuff anywhere she wanted, not just on a desk. I got her the black one (because she likes things in black) and she uses it all over the place along with taking it with her a lot of places we go. She got a real expensive messenger bag to tote it around, and I don't think she could be more thrilled about a computer.

My "old" Mini went to my parents to switch them over (which they haven't yet, due time) with a Mac compatible webcam so I could video iChat with them rather than rack up long distance charges, and her "old" Mini is now our media center hooked up to our HDTV.

Okay, back to your blog to read the comments over there. Should be entertaining. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Tower Tiger | iPod Video
I check Digg several times a day, and the article caught my eye today as I too just made the switch. It's funny reading through your blog and going "Wow, I feel the exact same way." Keep up the great work, and gratz on the frontpage of Digg :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
OP
dalison
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
Posting here because I don't want to create an account on your blog (just a personal preference, don't take it personally ;) )

No worries. I had it set to anonymous but got flooded with hate comments from people with severe personality disorders. Now it requires registration.

Was a no brainer six months after that to convince her to buy her own Macbook after I got mine. The way she stroked it once I brought it home was...giving me a complex (which I got over)...

THAT was funny man. Maybe the PC guy in the Mac TV ads could do a "Don't buy a Mac, your wife will leave you for it..." spot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.