D-Link DIR 635 router and MacBook Problem

Reaction score
I have just bought a D Link DIR 635 wireless router to share my cable broadband. It is working perfectly with my IMac and an XP laptop (both on the floor below the router). My daughter's I-phone works with it too, however her MacBook that's in the same room as the router is having problems with it. It connects wirelessly and has an IP address assigned to it, but will not connect to the internet or allow access to the router (via 192.168.0.1). If I connect to the router using a cable it works fine. The MacBook worked fine with the previous router. The settings in Network preferences are exactly the same in both macs (other than the IP address). Both have Leopard with all updates loaded. I have tried re-setting the router, resetting the cable modem, resetting both, I even tried adding the MacBook in a DMZ but to no avail - any ideas?

Reaction score
I had the same problem, disabling WMM in Advanced Wireless in DIR-635 solved the problem.

Reaction score
Firmware is the answer!!!

I have just bought a D Link DIR 635 wireless router to share my cable broadband. It is working perfectly with my IMac and an XP laptop (both on the floor below the router). My daughter's I-phone works with it too, however her MacBook that's in the same room as the router is having problems with it. It connects wirelessly and has an IP address assigned to it, but will not connect to the internet or allow access to the router (via 192.168.0.1). If I connect to the router using a cable it works fine. The MacBook worked fine with the previous router. The settings in Network preferences are exactly the same in both macs (other than the IP address). Both have Leopard with all updates loaded. I have tried re-setting the router, resetting the cable modem, resetting both, I even tried adding the MacBook in a DMZ but to no avail - any ideas?

I had the same problem, but when i downloaded the newest firmware to my DIR-635 it ALL WORKED FINE and soooo much faster than before.

But remember 2 save your router config before uploading the firmware....

And be sure to download the right one.... (look under router for hw version eg. B1R.

Hope this is any help.

ThoSka

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.