Question about removing XP

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to macs - just got a mac book for xmas. I have some questions, and didn't find any of the answers through a search. Here goes...

I'm thinking about installing xp on my macbook through bootcamp to see if my pc games will run well enough. If they do, then I'll probably put my Dell laptop in the closet and just use the macbook.

However, I have a couple questions/concerns before I partition the drive and throw XP on there:

1. After using (read "putting up with") windows for several years, and going through some serious hassle with my xbox 360, I am very weary of and have some serious confidence issues with anything microsoft puts out. I'm very hesitent to even put it on the mac to begin with. If I decide I don't want it on there anymore, how easy (or difficult) is it to completely remove XP and un-partition the drive? Basically, will I be able to return my Mac to its virgin mac state?

2. I don't plan on using the internet at all when in XP. If I need to download something, I'll get it on my old laptop and then transfer it through a flash drive or something. I don't want to have to pay for virus protection. As long as I don't go on the internet through XP, do I have to worry about any nasty windows viruses?

Thanks for the help!!!

Reaction score
Super easy to get rid of a boot camp partition. All you do is go into Boot Camp assistant and click on the restore function. One click. No fuss, no muss, no bother. Of course, everything on the partition will go along with it, but you can move files to another drive before then if need be. Gotta love Apple.

OP
M
Reaction score
Super easy to get rid of a boot camp partition. All you do is go into Boot Camp assistant and click on the restore function. One click. No fuss, no muss, no bother. Of course, everything on the partition will go along with it, but you can move files to another drive before then if need be. Gotta love Apple.

That settles it then. No reason not to try it.

Ha ha! Take that Microsoft!!! (well not really, if I'm still using their software...)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.