Anti Virus needed?

Reaction score
After one too many problems with Windows I have finally talked my wife into getting a Mac. She runs her business on it and I was wondering what, if any, anti virus she should use. I know macs generally don't get viruses, I've never used anything on mine, but because of the amount of emails she sends and receives, I'm concerned her risk of getting something could be far greater than mine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
No viruses for macs. Also use the forum search for discussions on this. I repeat, no viruses for macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
There are no viruses for OS-X so you don't need it. That said, the only thing AV software would do for you is to prevent you from spreading a virus to others. My opinion of that is if they're using Windows, it's their problem. I put in 11+ years with Windows (from Win95 on) and I'm tired of AV software and all that comes with it. I don't want to bog my way cool Mac system down because of others' AV worries. Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I agree with jb, the only reason you would need AV software is to prevent yourself from spreading viruses to PCs, but now that would be their problem not yours eh... lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.