Strange behavior in Safari

Reaction score
A web site that i visit has suddenly started behaving strangely in safari.

When i open it, it resizes and appears in the bottom right hand corner of the screen taking up about a quarter of the screen area. I maximise it and goes back to normal (full screen and centred) but with every subsequent click it resizes again and its very annoying.

This doesnt happen with any other web sites, they all appear as normal.
I have checked the site on other computers and its fine so its not an issue with the site.

All i can think ofis that i have inadvertantly clicked some sort of setting in safari on this page to make it appear like this.

Any ideas what ive done and how to rectify it?

Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just curious, what page is it that is doing this to you in Safari? It might be something in the coding that has changed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Does it to me too.

Must be a badly coded website that doesn't like Safari.

OP
M
Reaction score
but it was fine yesterday and for months previously. this has only just happened. its weird

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Yeah, it's doing it to me too. It's the code, not your computer. Write the admin and let him/her know. He/She may or may not fix it but at least you did all you could do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.