• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MarkSpace Inc and SyncTogether

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is just the place to vent my spleen. I am posting this so that all of you may be aware of what to expect service-wise from this company.

Yesterday, I downloaded a demo version of an application called "SyncTogether" from a company called Mark/Space Inc. It was my intention to purchase this product if the demo did what it was supposed to do.

When I tried to launch the app, it failed to do so. Thinking that there may be a conflict with another app, I shut down my Mac and restarted so that only the Finder was open. SyncTogether still failed to open so, after going through their support pages and finding nothing that even remotely dealt with this problem, I sent a request to their Customer Sales & service for some advice on how to get started with their app. I got the following response"

Hello

Since you are on a trial, the support is limited.
Feel free to access our KB and Forums for additional
information.

https://support.markspace.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=view&parentcategoryid=4&pcid=0&nav=0

http://forums.markspace.com/
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you. Have a great day.

Best regards,

La'Keith
Mark/Space Inc.
Sales Representative

Unquote.

Presumably this company posts a demo on their website so that potential customers can try it before deciding to buy. If the product won't open and their staff refuse to offer help and advice, what is the point of having a demo on their web page? A really great example of caveat emptor.

Hope you all have a great day.

Roger

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.