what do u think will happen

Reaction score
i ordered a box to send my ipod in but my parents threw it out so i changed the serial number and ordered annother one, and left them a note in the box saying i had to change it to get a new box. will they still fix my ipod? on top of that its jailbroken. my ipod wont chanrge so i cant even turn on so i dont think they will notice that its jailbroken but im not sure

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I am not sure of the circumstances...

BUT, if I were in your shoes I would've just called apple to explain about the lost box and they would've told ya what do!

And about the Jail Breaking, well... I am not sure about that part, but if they power it on one way or another during Troubleshooting the problem you'd be in the mercy of the Genius working on it whether he decides to ignore the fact and go on and fix it or just send it right back to ya!

OP
L
Reaction score
I am not sure of the circumstances...

BUT, if I were in your shoes I would've just called apple to explain about the lost box and they would've told ya what do!

And about the Jail Breaking, well... I am not sure about that part, but if they power it on one way or another during Troubleshooting the problem you'd be in the mercy of the Genius working on it whether he decides to ignore the fact and go on and fix it or just send it right back to ya!

well ya i left them a note saying what happened in the box so im not sure how cool there gonna be about it but the worst they can do is send it back to me still broken i guess. they wont keep it will they?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I doubt they'll keep it... they aren't thieves after all. But Sending it back with a note saying Tough Luck is just as bad don't u think!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Jailbreaking your iPod will render your warranty null and void.
It will be sent back in the same state you sent it to them.

Even if you hadn't Jailbroken it, all you would have had to do was call them and explain what happened. There was no need to falsify a serial number to get a new box sent to you.

OP
L
Reaction score

Even if you hadn't Jailbroken it, all you would have had to do was call them and explain what happened. There was no need to falsify a serial number to get a new box sent to you.

the ipods broken. it CANT turn on it cant even charge so i dont see how they will know if its jailbroken.

and i thought if i called them they would just say too bad. buti alredy sent it in so i guess ill see hat happens

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
the ipods broken. it CANT turn on it cant even charge so i dont see how they will know if its jailbroken.
Trust me, they have ways of powering it on and also finding out if it's been jailbroken.

OP
L
Reaction score
it can power on but all it shows is a picture of a battery with no charge and jsut a red slit at the end. no matter how long it is charged for it doesnt change

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
... you'd be in the mercy of the Genius working on it whether he decides to ignore the fact and go on and fix it or just send it right back to ya!

... Sending it back with a note saying Tough Luck is just as bad don't u think!

Trust me, they have ways of powering it on and also finding out if it's been jailbroken.

it can power on but all it shows is a picture of a battery with no charge and jsut a red slit at the end. no matter how long it is charged for it doesnt change

DUDE. YOU. JAILBROKE. YOUR. IPOD. Too bad!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
keep us updated on what happens. i really want to know whats going to happen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.