• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple DVR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
I JUST read on macrumours that apple has put in a patent application for a DVR sort device in 2006.

It would have the ability to browse, search, and view channels as well as record the shows. What's more, its rumored that there will be a dock interface to allow docking (duh) of ipods w/ video capabilities.

It seems apple has done some major research on DVR devices

Personally, I think the Apple TV will come in a new model, which will feature the dvr device.

Apple iNSIDER lINK

Patent Link

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
This would be great. I currently have a Comcast cable box with DVR, and the DVR interface is just awful. I kept thinking that it would be great if Apple made a DVR. Hopefully something will come of this.

Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I agree, I'm really interested in seeing the interface, even if I don't plan on buying one. It's always fun to see Apple's perspective on the relatively mundane.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.