Airport Extreme sharing printer to Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone 5, Apple TV
I have an Airport Extreme Base Station and I have a MBP and a Windows machine both utilizing the Airport. Everything works fine except printing.

My printer is hooked up to the airport and is shared for use. My MBP prints to it fine but my Windows machine will not find the printer properly.

Are there specific instructions on how to set up the printer so that it works on Windows or does this just not work? I've been looking around and have yet to find a definitive answer to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
Josh_MacMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are you saying I may need the Airport utility on my Windows machine, because its only on my MBP as of right now.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Are you saying I may need the Airport utility on my Windows machine, because its only on my MBP as of right now.

That appears to be the case from what I see in the documentation. I don't own one personally, just passing along Apple's expertise ;)

OP
Josh_MacMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I hadn't seen that before anyway, I'll try it out tonight when I get home.

OP
Josh_MacMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had to install bonjour stuff from the Airport Extreme Disc and ran the Bonjour printer wizard, worked like a charm! Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.