Problem Darwin Server + VLC

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I don't knok exactly if this thread belongs to this forum, sorry if not.

I have a problem with Darwin Server for video streaming and VLC and I'd like someone could help me. The problem is that I have a Darwin Server mounted in Ubuntu for streaming videos. I tried to watch this videos in VLC but I can watch only some of them. I mean, I can watch some .mp4 files....but not all.I can watch some .3gp files but not all. Finally, I cannot watch any .mov files. In all the cases in which I am not able to watch the content, the message in VLC is:

live555 error: Nothing to play for rtsp://192.168.1.34/sample_300kbit.mov
main error: no suitable access module for `rtsp://192.168.1.34/sample_300kbit.mov'

I have checked the content and it is on the folder specified by the Darwin Server, where all the movies are deposited. I don't know what is the problem. Futhermore, I don't know if this problem is because of the VLC or for the Darwin Server, but I hope that someone has the same problem and could help me.

Thank you for the attention and for the future responses.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.