Old G3 firmware will not update untill loading...9.22 cant load 9.22 until...

D

darque

I salvaged an old first series green g3 imac for my grandma to play cards, solitaire ect.. I would not bother with this question but I can not find any classic card games. So I am stuck trying to load 9.22 or os x. I can not update firmware on this little piece of ... because I need to have 9.2 installed first, but I can't install 9.2 on it because the firmware will not update???

I loaded classic/osx tried it all, on another 60 gig hd loaded back into the bugger and it still will not start up from the harddrive in classic or osx? any suggestions ? there is only 60-128 ram (?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
My bet is you cannot force feed the drive to the machine. It is like buying a part from a newer Mac and trying to fit it into an older Mac.

You need to install OS 9 from the CD for that level then bring the OS to 9.2.2. The firmware is applied to allow movement to OS X I believe and is not needed to stay in OS 9. You need an OS 9 retail disk to start not install the Classic version from OS X.

OP
D

darque

Where the **** did I put those original disks?

Figures, I got an idea from another thread about partitioning drive,again I fall back to your reply. the real issue --- getting the original 9.0 disk from (?ebay, i guess) just to waste money on something sooooo trivial, then to throw it away and load osx. CRAZZYYYY ? any one got a "legal" copy of 9.0 for sale, trade you a old pair of shoes.

JK on the shoe part. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.