Clicker Under trackpad

Reaction score
Hello all,
Is there a way to fix the clicker/mouse under the track pad?
Currently mine sounds like I am punching a kanagroo every time I press is and its rather annoying. Well i would imagine a loud CLACK noise is what a kangaroo makes where hit so.... ya. I think it may be a spring of some sort?

I know I can just use the trackpad as a mouse as well, and have toyed with it but am not all that found of it. Do I have to take apart my computer, or is there an easy way to fix this?
As always thanks guys.
Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
mine is doing this as well and it is only on the right side of the clicker when it heats up after a few hours use, kinda annoying really cause now i dont get that nice smooth click noise I used to get with it. Any one got any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Gloss, 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB DDR2, 160 GB @ 7200 HDD, 256 MB 8600M GT
There's no way you can fix that without taking it to Apple, unless you are a certified Apple tech.

Take your Mac to the Apple Store and talk to a Genius.

cNK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WhiteBook (2.16GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - OS X Tiger)
I've had this problem for months now. What I usually do is start using other part of the button for a few hours (only the left part of my trackpad button is unstable). It does seems to help a little when I switch back to the left side of the trackpad.
But it doesn't really fix the problem and I will eventually bring it in to the Apple store before the warranty expires.

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
try this - http://www.appledefects.com/?p=35

when i had a macbook, it shortened the movement of the trackpad when it clicked.. not necessarily making it quieter, but making it feel and sound much more like i think it should.

Reaction score
mouse time

Use a mouse.......after 18 months I wore out the clicker, had to replace the whole top.......I can buy a lot of mice for the cost of the repairs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.