KVM switch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Mac mini- 120 GB HD
Hi--anyone know if I can use my wireless mouse and keyboard with a KVM switch? I want to use my mouse/keyboard/monitor for both my mini and my PC
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 24" Core 2 Duo 4gb RAM
sorry won't work, the mouse keyboard has to be attached to the kvm. even if you put two bt dongles on the kvm for the mouse and keyboard you can't interface with them.

OP
EvilE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didn't think so, but the geniuses at Firedog--you know, the computer "experts" inside Circuit city said it would work fine...... sigh....

Thanks for the answer!

OP
EvilE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
people keep telling me I can use my wireless keyboard/mouse combo with a KVM switch--I am confused here.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 24" Core 2 Duo 4gb RAM
ok, tested it with a wireless mouse (non BT) and it DOES NOT work. I'm using a very kewl KVM (http://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1774/) and it will recognize that I inserted the dongle (plug and play initiates) and says that it is ready for use, but I never get control of the mouse.

Sometimes you have to wait a bit for the KVM to recognize the mouse (I install a lot of KVMs for work) so I waited more than the usual amount of time and still no go.

But if you're in the market for a KVM the one I have linked is totally kewl, 4 port kvm, with integrated 4 port Network hub.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I'm not sure why that wouldn't work. I have a non bt wireless kb and mouse that connect via a dongle and they work fine, I have the same KVM as you show in your link.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2.5
I just picked up the Iogear GCS1762 I am not using the BT keyboard and mouse I am using the wired ones. My question is will my PC with XP recognize the Mac Keyboard? I will probably use a non mac mouse because I need the right mouse button... I cannot kill effectively with out it when I am gaming...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.