Wireless to Wired

Reaction score
Hello All,

Running into an issue with my mac. I would like to convert my wireless signal that i'm recieving from my router, located downstairs, and have it route to my LAN cable port. My soul purpose behind this - i'm to cheap to buy the wireless card for my xbox. I know it's capable, as it is with a PC. All responses and suggestions are welcome, but please limit topic to the title! Thank you to all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You want a LAN port to receive a wireless signal?

OP
G
Reaction score
Pretty much. I just want to route my wireless card from the computer to the LAN Port, so yeah!

Reaction score
If your X-Box is near any mac you have (which I am assuming it is) then you can go into System preferences and go to sharing >>internet sharing. You can then share your internet connection from your Airport Wireless card with your ethernet card. Then run a cable to you x-box. I have never done it the way you are trying but I have taken a wired connection on my ethernet port shared it with my Airport wireless card essentially turning my macbook into a wireless router. Not promising anything but give it a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.