MacBook or MacBook Pro?

Reaction score
Recently I bought White Macbook 2.2 GHZ with Santa Rosa processor embedded. I was quite happy as the new Macbooks had just released. Several months later there is another upgrade for them.
According to rumors, it is expected to have upgraded Macbook Pro and Macbook, but I have no idea what they are going to improve. If anybody knows, please, any suggestions about improvements? I wanna play games, not old ones, that's why I can't stand to use the Macbook anymore.
If there are no significant changes, will anybody tell me, where can I purchase a Macbook Pro with the lowest possible price whether it is directly from USA or other countries. I am a student, so I can get a student discount! The point is I wanna a new Macbook Pro with multi touch and improved video graphics card. From USA it will cost 1799$ that is equivalent to £900 what is still much as I will have to pay for postage. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
hehe...this seems to be a misconception, santa rosa is not a processor...it's a platform...you have a merom processor.

as for the other part of your question...the new macbooks & pros have the penryn processor which uses a 45 nm die. How this benefits you is a marginal performance boost & better power efficiency...it also supports DDR3 RAM.
the new macbook pros have 512MB nvidia GPUs so if you want to play games...thats your best bet.
& all the new macbook pros have multi touch..
if you want/need the performance...get the pro :)

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
if you're going to be playing games, get a macbook pro from apple, and i'd recommend a refurb

with games, it's about the video card, not so much the processor.

OP
T
Reaction score
Get to the point! I need an answer, and I perfectly know that Macbook Pro is for games )
2 Nza: I would like to have a new one with higher hard drive capacity, multi touch, better both videocard and processor! Should I order it from USA or from other countries? Are there any possible ways to get it cheaper to a maximum extent.
At the same time, I will have to sell mine, it is over 4 months old, upgraded to 2GB of Memory. Ebay, Amazon? Amazon charges 10% from the price, Ebay - big competition. Any other online markets? I intend to sell it for £700, however, in apple store you can find refurbished 2.2 White 1GB for £649 )

Reaction score
If you are spending MBP kind of money and want a gaming laptop why not get an Alienware?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
i do feel alienware is kinda overrated...if you get the new macbook pro 17" u will get a killer notebook...with good graphics (512 is default now) from nvidia...a really good screen (you can upgrade to the 1920x1200 hi-res) & you can now run windows on it! (hence all games that run on pcs)
alienware cannot run leopard!

plus you can get the student discount if you order from apple.com (i'm not sure if u get it on other apple stores)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.