2 very weird things happening to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.16ghz,2 gigs ram, 120gigs--ipod nano red 4 gig--ipod vid 30 gig black-- rip macbook
1st. when i close my macbook, some times it restarts the computer and when i open it, the log in screen is there. why is this? am i closing the computer to hard sometimes? this never happened on my macbook pro and this only started happening in the last 2 months to my macbook

2. when i first open my computer and im on firefox, it takes a little bit till i can switch tabs. after my dvd player tries to read disk (but cant because its broken. it even tualy makes an eject sound then the sound of you puting in the dvd and then it works)
but it can take up to 3 minutes till i can switch tabs. is there a way that i can completly shut off the dvd player?

OP
raptorkid700
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.16ghz,2 gigs ram, 120gigs--ipod nano red 4 gig--ipod vid 30 gig black-- rip macbook
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
You sure it's a login screen on wake up, or is it more of a screen-saver enter-your-password-to unlock-this-computer kind of thing? I have a password set so that I enter it when I wake up my Macbook but the login screen looks different from the unlock screensaver/wake up dialog.

As for the DVD thing, I'm pretty sure that it's Finder doing an I/O on your busted drive which keeps you from doing stuff until it's done. I've seen complaints about Finder and network drives when they are lost it won't let you do things until it gives up. Are you on Leopard or Tiger? My understanding is that on Leopard new Finder features alleviates that annoyance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.