Time Capsule and Video

Reaction score
Hi All

I am looking to purchase a Time Capsule because I am primarily interested in an integrated NAS/wireless solution rather than the backup capability (although, that would be a possible upside later on).

I have a large amount of video media on various computers in the house and I would like to centralise this via NAS on a time capsule. I have heard that music will stream OK, will it work for video?

I believe you can see the NAS as a shared folder on a MAC. If I execute an AVI file from my imac which is physically stored on the time capsule, will it play seamlessly? I heard somewhere that Time Capsule cannot do this.

Apologies if I haven't framed the question clearly, but would appreciate some feedback on this as this would make or break the buy for me.

Thanks
Midnight

Reaction score
Seems like it should have no problem streaming video, but someone who has one should be able to answer this.

I will subscribe to this thread to find out since Im also thinking about buying one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Yes the time capsule can stream video, people on the forum have done it. The only issue that some people have seen is trying to stream in g mode and not n.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.