G4 733 start up failure

J

JamesMAC

Hi All, I can't get my G4 to start up. I put it to sleep the the night before last and came back in the afternoon to find that it was switched off. I made several attempts to boot-up, disconnect and re-connect all plugs and leads, plus opening the side panel and checking connections inside.

What bugs me is that the power source is still there because the light on the front panel button glows when you press it....but it doesn't start up! :baron:

Could it be that the battery on the motherboard needs replacing? or is the power unit completely shagged? the G4 is 3 years old now...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Have you tried resetting the PRAM?

Start up the computer and immediately hold down the Command, Option, P, and R keys until you hear the startup sound a second time. Then set your hard disk as the computer's startup disk.

OP
J

JamesMAC

not quite as technically challenging as I thought! anyone who has this problem should simply take out the battery, blow out the dust and insert the battery again....and voila! she fires up!

thanks anyway immdb

:rolleyes:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.