Application launch failure

F

flyin3d

Hi Guys,
I tried to move my HP scanner application icon from its original location,
(\applications\HP\HP Precision scan), to my desktop by dragging it and now I cannot launch the program. Error message below:

The application "HP PrecisionScan Pro" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "@<HP PrecisionScan Pro><HP PrecisionScan Pro><snbd10pmacsh.lib><>"

Can anyone get me back on track?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You need to put the application 'icon' back in the apps folder.

The application relies on information that it can only find from the right directory.
To create a 'shortcut' to the app, right-click it (ctrl-click) and then select 'make alias'.

This 'alias' or 'shortcut' can be dragged anywhere: the desktop, your home folder etc.

Alternatively, you can just drag the applications icon into the dock area for easy access.

Applications on the mac are represented by one single icon, but that icon is actually a package that contains most of the necessary information to properly run. Some information is also in the library. To find each other, the files need to remain in the correct positions.

Hope this helps!

OP
C

curlydesign

Shared Library error

Ok,.... I'm having the same problem when trying to launch an application.
But I haven't moved anything.
I haven't used it in say a couple of months, but when I went to launch it just the other day,....... this error message,.....
I've deleted everything, and then re-installed and still get the same error.
Can you help?? please?

Chris

Aptmunich said:
You need to put the application 'icon' back in the apps folder.

The application relies on information that it can only find from the right directory.
To create a 'shortcut' to the app, right-click it (ctrl-click) and then select 'make alias'.

This 'alias' or 'shortcut' can be dragged anywhere: the desktop, your home folder etc.

Alternatively, you can just drag the applications icon into the dock area for easy access.

Applications on the mac are represented by one single icon, but that icon is actually a package that contains most of the necessary information to properly run. Some information is also in the library. To find each other, the files need to remain in the correct positions.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Although this wont fix the problem you asked about, I have a suggestion.

HP's software for the Mac is a real nightmare...I even had a rep from HP admit that..

If I were you I'd try VueScan, available at versiontracker.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.