Web Page construction

Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

I am new to this forum, and new to the Apple-Mac operating systems. I have used MS operating systems since they first came out. Now, I wish
to change over to Mac because of it's reliability.

I do not have one yet, but plan to get one from 1 to 3 months from now.
What prompted my decision was that I wanted to have a Web page based on the Mac system.

What program(s) is used on the Apple computer to construct Web pages?

I have a Christian ministry and I am looking for a company that can host my
web page that uses the Apple software. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what companies might be good?

Reaction score
iWeb comes with the iLife software bundle and is great for creating web pages/sites. I have built quite a few websites with iWeb and use GoDaddy.com for all my web hosting/email.

By the way, the last church I worked at and built web pages for used this Christian based web hosting company: http://ministryweb.org/

May want to give them a call.

Let us know if we can help ya out. Good luck!<><

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
The mac uses iweb as part of the ilife suit - good for non tech users

Otherwise Dreamweaver is the most common program for mac and pc - but fairly technical

as for hosting, there are not many mac hosting providers, but I would choose a host using linux servers, which will work easily with macs

I use 1on1, but other people may have better suggestions

welcome to the forums by the way

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments.

Linux certainly is a stable system. Do others agree that Linux would be the best OS for hosting web sites?

I helped a friend recently, who was a member of my church, to start an internet radio station. He used godaddy. There were problems, because godaddy supported frontpage at the time, and none of the Apple apps.

THX

Reaction score
Welcome indeed! Constructing web pages on a Mac or a PC doesn't really matter, it is just easier and better on a Mac. And unless you use some ghastly ASP programming, it doesn't matter if you host your files on a Mac server, PC or Linux. Pardon the pun, but it is (mostly) agnostic! What Apple apps did your friend run into trouble with a godaddy? They are really pretty good, Frontpage isn't required at all.

OP
M
Reaction score
George bought an apple imac 17in. and used iweb I think. the imac would overheat and he would have to shut down. Not all the features in iweb would work. I tried to get George to re-install the software but he didn't for a long time. George had bought a repair agreement with Mac, but they would not honor the agreement and replace the fans, because it needed non OEM to solve the problem, or solve the problem of his software not working even though they admited it was a software problem. Godaddy would help George if he would use frontpage and not with iweb. I went to CompUSA where he bought it from one of the Apple employed reps, who I knew, but they insisted they couldn't help George. Finally, an apple store opened in town, and George started taking classes there. He was able then to fix the software problem on his own, but the imac still requires a very cool room.

I am very proud of George. He took the classes at Apple, solved all his hardware and software problems, despite apples poor hardware, and poor
software installation, and poor repair agreements.

George now has an internet radio station, music he installed, web page he designed and installed, all from scratch.

I must say that I have observed almost every imac running a little warm to me as well as all the laptops. I do like the Mac Pro & Mac Mini.

I may get a dell computer that has the spill proof keyboard, good heatsinks, and install the apple OS on it. I have some friends that have already done this. My only reservation would be maintaining current updates and having to keep all the drivers working.

Reaction score
I've built several websites on a Mac including 4-5 with iWeb and used GoDaddy every single time--not sure what the problem was, but never had an issue with GoDaddy or users loading my pages created in iWeb....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 2GB Ram 160GB hdd Anti-glare / hi-res screen 7200RPM hdd
I personally recommend Coda and Adobe Dreamweaver.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.