Switching main hardrives

Reaction score
Hi everybody (excuse my English):

Here's my question: I have a Home Recording Studio with Pro Tools and a lot of plug-ins installed in an old G4 running OS9 . As this computer has broken I'm trying to switch to another Mac I have, a dual/mirror G4 with OS9 and OSX.

I tried to replace the hardrive of the dual G4, for the one of the old Mac (to keep all the stuff inside), but it couldn't be recognized. I want to do this, because I've loose some of the installers of my plug-ins, then I cant' reinstall all my stuff into the new drive.

The dual G4 recognizes the old hardrive if installed as a secondary one, but obviously, the programs won't run this way, 'cause it's not the main drive.

There's any solution for this?. Maybe I have to install another version of OS9 in the old drive?. I've listened that the type of OS installed in a dual G4 is different than the one installed in a single G4. (Or these computers -dual and single- use different type of drives?). (The OS installed in my old G4 is 9.2.2, and in the dual is 9.2)

Thanks in advance for your HELP!!!:Oops: :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.