safari & firefox freezing up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Have had my iMac about 6 months now. Been working fine, lately both firefox and safari freeze up and require a force quit. Sometimes it will crash a few times in a row, it will ask if I want to reset and relaunch. I do but a few minutes later it might happen again. Any ideas as to what might be wrong? And or a fix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 quad core Mac Pro, 4GB ram
This is coming from someone with one week experience but....

I have read a bunch of posts on various forums about locking up applications... Many of the solutions where to blow out the vents and make sure the system is running clean and cool. Many of the lockup issues have been due to overheating..... seems odd but its worth a try.

If this is way off, I apologize. At least I will give your post a bump.

Carl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
mine did this about a week ago. it seemed like it froze when there was java on the page. i just let my computer sit for a day off and turned it on the next day and it seemed to work. it froze on safari, firefox, and camino. so it just wasn't 1 program. i always froze when i visited espn right away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.