Safari - Entering web address

Reaction score
I love Safari but one thing makes me use Firefox over it, and that is, if i want to go to say google.com for example, on any other browser i can type "google" then press command + enter and it will put in the "www." and the ".com" before and after it respectively.....I love that function yet it won't work on safari, is there a different way to do this?

Also on the Google search barlocated in the browser itself, when typing in something it will automatically bring up suggestions for me in Firefox, not in Safari though.....

These are two very important things that I use daily and just wish Safari was able to do this.....obviously Safari is faster and being a native OS X program it's more stable and crashes less.....but I'm still using Firefox because of these issues

thanks for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
If it's something you use a lot and it's not in Safari, then by all means use Firefox. It depends on what you want/need.

I personally don't know of any plugins for Safari, but maybe there are some that will allow you to do this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I use Safari. If I want to go to Google I just type google and hit enter. I think if you are in Safari and type in the google search it should search google in safari. It doesn't sound like you are in safari to start with or you have changed you default browser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 2GB Ram 160GB hdd Anti-glare / hi-res screen 7200RPM hdd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've found that the Command + Enter function DOES work in Safari, it's just that it creates a new tab in the process, which can be annoying when you've got a blank tab right in front of you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.