Duplicated Apple menu's options

B

Bendal

Hello !

Something strange happens to my computer today. Every single object I select with my cursor (the ''active zone'', if you know what I mean), is now outline with big black lines. This could be textbox in Firefox or MSN, desktop icons, buttons, the list of emails (in mail), anything. I of course try rebooting my computer, and when accessing my Apple menu, some options are duplicated. There is two ''Restart'', ''Log Out'' and ''Shut Down'', but one of each est followed by ''...''. the same thing happens in the finder menu, ''Empty Thrash'' and ''Secure Empty Thrash''.

I was doing nothing special when this occurs. My system is also up to date. If anyone know what could be the source of all that, it would be much appreciate ! Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Its the VoiceOver function. Apple+F5 should fix both problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
You have to be able to experiment and find how things work in your computer. Never feel afraid to try things out, and if something happens and you don't know how to reset it, that is why forums such as this exists, the only exception being the system files. They really should be left alone. I've been working with computers for a long, long time, and I never feel dumb about getting on a site and asking questions about a potential issue, that often turns out to be something simple to fix. ;-)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.