Just bought my MacBook in jan. couple ques..

Reaction score
So I made the switch in jan from a dell to the middle grade macbook.
I asked the apple guy at bestbuy if there were any new macbooks coming out in the near future he said no way not this year.
So I bought it. Now I see apple came out with a way better macbook for the same price I paid. Is there anything I can do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
I bought mine in December, and I didn't see any new ones that are "way better," unless you mean the MacBook Air...which to me is a downgrade...you pay more for less. Also, vendors wouldn't have known about the MacBook Air until it was announced anyway, so as far as the "Apple guy at Best Buy" knew, nothing else would be coming out.

Only thing you can do is see if you're still under Best Buy's return policy, or just sell it independently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
The "Best Buy Guys" don't know when apple will release new macbooks. Even apple employees won't release info ahead of time. There are dozens of rumors at apple events but they don't know for sure what will be released.

OP
B
Reaction score
by way better I meant
mine has 1 gig of ram, 120 gigs of space, and 2.2ghz
the new one for the same price is 2 gigs of ram, 160 gigs of space and 2.4 ghz
I guess theres not much I can do about it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz; 2GB Ram; 120GB
A Thought

I'm new to the Mac world myself, but one never is insulated from a product change/upgrade perhaps only 10 minutes after the purchase.

In your situation,

1) you would never see the difference in between 2.2 and 2.4 ghz.
2) RAM is relatively cheap if you want to upgrade yours to 2Gig
3) you can get an external hard drive (which is handy for Time Machine) pretty inexpensive if you watch the sales.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
frjeff is correct. It's too late to qualify to get your Macbook swapped for a new model, and it'll cost you more in selling the thing than simply upgrading to 2GB of RAM and swapping the internal drive for a larger one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
In your situation,

1) you would never see the difference in between 2.2 and 2.4 ghz.
2) RAM is relatively cheap if you want to upgrade yours to 2Gig
3) you can get an external hard drive (which is handy for Time Machine) pretty inexpensive if you watch the sales.

Just my 2 cents worth.

totally agree with you. this would be the best bet for you. you have a 14 day period(i think) if you want to return it and exchange for a new one (restocking fee applies).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/4grm/200ghd/256mvideo
I also purchased a new MBP a couple of weeks ago just days prior to the new released. I brought back my MBP back to the apple store where I purchased it and they exchanged for the newer MBP and gave me back $113 which was the difference as the new ones came out that much cheaper....good service with no restocking and the Apple store rep apologized for the inconvenience as they did not know about the newer model until the day before so....doesn't BB or FS have a return policy on computers providing you are still within that time period. Like the others said...should be much of a difference for the MB, but for the MBP, they changed the video memory from 128 to 256 adn multi touch with I like....and besides no restocking, and the difference back was good....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
if it was less than 90 days ago then you can pay a restocking fee and then upgrade to the knew model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
if it was less than 90 days ago then you can pay a restocking fee and then upgrade to the knew model.

Care to cite your sources? Last I checked, it was only 14 days, a day or two more if the manager is lenient.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.53Ghz, 4GB ram, 500gb hd -- Apple TV 160gb -- MacMini 1.83ghz
As everyone else said: just upgrade your MB! The CPU difference is nothing too dramatic, the RAM can easily be upgraded, and 160gb instead of 120gb is not a big upgrade.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.