EMERGENCY! I need help fast

O

officehelper

my computer stopped operating in the middle of an operation. I was in Excel trying to print. Now the only way I can access my computer is through safe mode. When I enter in normal mode all that comes up is the HD and I cannot click to open anything it is completely frozen.

Any help. PLEASE

this has our lifeblood of our operation on it

Dawn

OP
M

m1k

Well, what do you mean 'through safe mode'? As far as I know, OS X won't start in 'safe mode' or anything like it.

If the hard drive comes up, just wait for a few minutes before clicking it, OS X takes a while to load.

Also, if it really doesn't work, you can always get a HD recovery from the good folks at Apple or other places.

Good luck, try to tell us more about the situation (like what you were doing when it crashed, etc.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
In Mac, I would try file system check. Restart in single user terminal, Restart holding Apple S. Once there type /sbin/fsck -fy until the file system changed stops showing

OP
I

iSheep

Really strange, Excel does that to me sometimes as well. Shouldn't use rubbish software I suppose.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.