Front Row - Theatrical Trailers

Reaction score
I have been using Front Row without any problems but I now get the error message 'format not recognised' when trying to view a movie trailer under the Theatrical Trailers menu. Front Row has no problem showing movies that are already on my HD.

Any ideas folks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Check this thread:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6703102

Also, google "front row format not recognized" (without quotes), which is what I did to find that thread. My guess is that some permission was reset or changed when you had a s/w update.

Funny thing is that I just spent some time watching trailers through Front Row, and then I saw your message. For me, it was working fine.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Reading your threads it seems that an awful lot of folks have the same problem. I have downloaded the latest update to Front Row 2.1.2, but that's not made a difference. Ah well - I'll keep on looking. At least I now know that I am not alone!

Cheers,

OP
T
Reaction score
Reading other boards etc; it seems to be an issue after the 10.4.5 update. I suppose we'll just have to wait for Apple to rectify it. . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Apple won't be updating Tiger anymore. The last release was 10.4.11.

OP
T
Reaction score
I'm using Leopard. Anyway after installing the latest version of Front Row, then uninstalling Little Snitch (2.02), and reinstalling it everything worked as normal once I allowed Front Row to access a new address for the Trailers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Apple won't be updating Tiger anymore. The last release was 10.4.11.

Actually, I was reading that Apple is contemplating a 10.4.12 update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.