Want to file share on 2 Macs and one XP PC

Reaction score
I currently have:

One (new) iMac
One eMac
One PC with XP

I currently have the eMac sharing a folder on the network (using windows sharing) which can be accessed by the PC. I created a folder in the eMac home folder called 'Portal' and have a shortcut on the desktop of the PC to 'Portal'. This enables us to transfer/copy/delete/move files from one computer to another (eMac/PC) with no problem.

We recently set up a third computer, the iMac, and would like to be able to access the same (or a similar alternative) on the desktop of that machine.

All machines currently have a fixed IP address and are connected to the same router.
I have enabled file sharing on the eMac so I can now access the eMac's Drop Folder on the iMac. However, the privileges set for this folder are limited and the process of accessing it is a little tedious.

I want a simple setup enabling me to have something similar to the 'Portal' folder on all 3 desktops, and to be able to read AND write to said folder from any computer.

Anybody know how to go about this?
:)

PS
There seems to be no option for Windows Sharing on the iMac.
The Macs are connected to the router via ethernet, and the PC is connected wirelessy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.