The Blackbook

Reaction score
Hey guys I was just wondering how your blackbook treats you and how you treat your blackbook.

What is the perfect way to to have your batter keep going and going. Please post some other interesting stuff you do and don't do with your blackbook.

Example:- Do you let people touch your screens

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I love my Blackbook - it's an original Core Duo, has 2 gigs of RAM and a 100gig HDD.

I clean it every couple of days, hate those smudge marks, generally leave it sleeping as I carry it around in it pouch (a sexy "Incase"). Right now as I type this, it's plugged into a 20" Samsung LCD which is displaying Windows XP under Parallels (I'm connected to work servers) and the laptop screen shows OS X.

The only slight issue is my battery which after 225 cycles shows 80% health, although it occasionally drops to 75% or lower, so I only get 2:30 mins battery life on medium brightness and wifi.

IMO, BlackBook are the new iBook. Just totally lovely! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
We've had the new BlackBook now for about a week, and the entire family is enjoying it. The kids are particularly excited about having a Mac at home that they can use (the iMac is for my use only). With so many different users, it gets a lot of use, which means lots of handprints. It can be wiped down quickly with a damp cloth, however, so it's not a big deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd
I've had my Blackbook for about a month now and I couldn't be happier. I've got the 2.2 Core Duo with 2gb RAM and 160gb HDD. Run VMWare Fusion for XPSP2 and Ubuntu 7.10. I have 13 cycles on my battery still at 100% health, I get just shy of 5 hours of battery life on a 100% full charge with my settings (Which include wireless)

I run a VPN through my school for secure tunneling on Free Public WiFi along with the secure network we have at the house and at my work (University of Louisville)

My system idles with just under 1.3 gb free, very few bog downs, everything works just as it should.

It was the best investment I've made on a computer, by far.

For cleaning, I use the cloth that came with the macbook and I have the Marware wrist rest and keyboard protector. It was worth the 10 bucks.

Everything I have thrown at this machine, it run flawlessly...Microsoft 2008, VMWare, Trial of Parallels 3.0, Gimp, Cog, Google Earth, Handbrake, WiiSaber...It all just...works.....and its fantastic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
My Blackbook works great. I use it daily, all day long (for work) and at home (for play). Yes, there are lots of fingerprints, but I like the fact that they can be easily wiped away. I use a microfiber cloth.

And I NEVER, EVER, let people touch my screen. I HATE! ( absolutely hate) that.

But then again, I don't really let anyone touch my Macbook anyways.....it's my favorite toy, uhmmmm... I mean - laptop.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 17" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, AppleTV2 (x2), iPad1
I just bought mine over the weekend and so far I absolutely love it! Came with a 2.4GHz Core2 Duo, 250GB HD, and 2 GB of RAM, which I just upgraded to 4 GB.

The only real thing that's bugging me about it is that Safari (v 3.0.4) tends to crash an awful lot. I'm not really sure why.

But like I said, I'm seriously loving it. Now to find a nice case. I'm not really a neoprene sleeve fan, but don't want anything too big either. That'd defeat the purpose of having a small notebook.

I despise the fingerprints too! :)

Reaction score
My Black Macbook is pretty awesome. I use mine for web surfing, email, and I've even used it to build a few websites via iWeb and Dreamweaver. It even handled doing some video editing that I needed to get done while I was away from the office. Most of the time I video edit on my 17" MacBook Pro at the office.

The only complaint I have is the speakers, but I mentioned my solution in another thread: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99780

So overall I really do like the Black Macbook. I wipe it down with the cloth Apple provided every 3 or 4 days. I think you would really enjoy it! <><

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
blackbook 2.0ghz 2gb
I've had mine for a year now. It's fantastic. With 2 gb of ram and a 2ghx Intel I can do just about anything. I run lots of audio stuff in Logic and I can also do really advanced photoshop processing without a problem. The blackbook just goes and goes. The exterior case is pretty smudgy and banged up (I carry it with me every day) but the screen and keyboard areas are smudge free... I wipe them down each week with water and a microfiber towel.

You can't go wrong with one of these things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2GHz 4GB RAM Black
Hi, I've had my black macbook for weeks. I upgraded the memory to 4GB straight away, because I need to use it for programming and deal with large data. I have to say that I really love it, it looks cool and it's very handy to use.

But there're two things bothering me, one is the fingerprint issue, I have to wipe it everyday, the other one is when I use headphones to listen to music or watch movies, I can hear some background noises.

I hate when people touch my screen, I'll ask them not to immediately.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.