Looking for a good wallpaper switcher

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Hi,

I just switched from PCs where I used Webshots to download pictures for wallpaper and their program would change the wallpaper on a set schedule. Is there a similar program for my 13 inch Macbook? I tried the Webshots version for Mac and couldn't get it to work.

Thanks for any help,

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
There is one built in already. It's basic but you pick a folder with your wallpapers and a time. Ithink choices are 5 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, etc... And there are a few more like a login and stuff.
Just go to System Preferences and desktop/ Screensaver.

OP
Noels
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
bryphotoguy,

Thanks, I have tried that and it works, but it works like a screensaver, which it really is, switching the wallpaper every few seconds. I would prefer something that switches over long periods, like every 4, 12 or 24 hours.

There are some out there, but unfortunately the ones I've tried have bombed :)

Thanks for the suggestion though, Noel

OP
Noels
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
scoff and bryphotoguy,

Thanks, I kept working on it and now have it working the way I want, change every day.

My big problem apparently was figuring out how to get my pictures directory to be recognized by the wallpaper changer. I finally pushed the + button and got my "explorer" to direct it to the Webshots photo directory i had created earlier whn I had tried Websots.

So now I'm in business. Thanks again, Noel

Reaction score
This might be an obvious question, but I just ordered a macbook so I don't know much yet. I was wondering, does it randomly pick the wallpaper, or does it go in order?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I assume you haven't tried it yet. It's obvious because with the Apple version, it goes in order unless you check the box marked random.
I set mine up to use the vivid color Apple wallpapers to load every 5 seconds or whatever the minimum time limit it. It looks really cool when you've got windows open. It also doesn't require a lot of resources. I closed everything I usually have open and I was using only 266MB of memory to power all of the system processes.

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, this is my first Mac and it won't be here till tomorrow, so I haven't tried it yet :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.