New Macbook Pro Owner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.33ghz C2D 4gb Ram
Bought a 15" MBP last week. I saw them on sale and couldn't pass it up. I decided to take the plunge and i'm glad i did. Learning OS X has been fun. Learned a lot in a week.

My MBP is an older version. It's 2.33 with only a 120 GB HD, 2 GB of ram and AppleCare for only $1496 out the door (no tax because i bought it on a military base). I was skeptical on buying my MBP cause there was a Sony VAIO with a 320 GB HD, 4 GB of ram and blue ray for cheaper. The were also selling a 17" version for $500 more. Same specs.

I'm still not fully converted. My MBP doesn't have Word and Exel which is what i really need for work. I saw how much the programs were and it seems i may hold out on MS office until i can afford it. Also, I still can't move my itunes library while keeping my playlist onto my new MPB. I've searched and tried, but no luck.

i know i bought an older version, but i hope i got a good deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
You could try NeoOffice or OpenOffice, I hear they are great. I bought Office Student Edition with my iMac - wish I hadn't as NeoOffice/OpenOffice is free!

I could have bought a PC with higher specs that the iMac for a lot less $, But I am really happy with my iMac so I am happy with what I paid. However 5 months later every time there is a Dell PC ad on TV im sick of hearing - look you could have bought that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
Also, I still can't move my itunes library while keeping my playlist onto my new MPB. I've searched and tried, but no luck.

Have you tried exporting your playlists from your old iTunes installation into an XML file, then importing them into your new iTunes installation on your Mac? That's what I did and it worked fine.

Reaction score
my daughter, a recent convert, likes neo office and apple's iworks vs. ms office for win. we were using a trial parallels to allow for ms office win, when trial expired, she preferred neo office (free!) and apple pages and numbers ($80). no need to ask twice. lol

Reaction score
You could try NeoOffice or OpenOffice, I hear they are great. I bought Office Student Edition with my iMac - wish I hadn't as NeoOffice/OpenOffice is free!

I could have bought a PC with higher specs that the iMac for a lot less $, But I am really happy with my iMac so I am happy with what I paid. However 5 months later every time there is a Dell PC ad on TV im sick of hearing - look you could have bought that!

Most people if they are really honest about it will find that NeoOffice will give them everything they need for free. The only one that really needs office is someone who gets office docs from a lot of people who use the macros heavily and they "have" to be compatible. For revenge when someone sends you one of those monsters, write them back and save in an open document format or some other that word won't read...

As for those "cheap" deals on Dells and such, if you check them out you will usually find they aren't really all that cheap. Usually they tend to be level 2 or 3 with the hard drives, ram, processors, graphics cards. If you set them side by side with your iMac and put in all the proper parts to match a lot of the times the iMac turns out to actually be the cheaper. And even if it isn't show me a Dell or any other windoz pc that will operate as easily and as trouble free as the iMac will. My wife has been using an iMac 20" for over 3 years now and has never once had it crash on her. She has never had to repair or reinstall the operating system, and if a program crashes, the computer doesn't... show me a winderz pc that can say that. She sure can't say that about any pc she ever had, and neither can i.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.