Uploading songs from iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Black, Stock
I know on PC's with a windows OS You can go into "My computer" and view the contents of your ipod outside of itunes.The folder with the music comes up as hidden, but you can un-hide it in one of the options menus. I have mac OS x on my macbook and I viewed the contents of the ipod, but the folder for music is completely hidden, is there a certain menu function or something that can change or un-hide the folder so I can upload one of the songs from my ipod onto my mac?

p.s. 1st post, hello all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
You can use Senuti, its free and works well. It won't open up the disk access like that though, it is a separate program that re-imports songs and playlists and such back into iTunes.

There is one somewhere that allows disk access but I have never used it and thus don't remember what it is called.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Black, Stock
im new here, are these type of thing like shunned-upon here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Why would it be? It is not illegal to take your songs off of your ipod. If you were asking how to illegally steal music, then yes, it would be shunned upon and you would receive a warning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It would only be illegal if you wanted to take songs from your iPod and download them to a friend's computer or vice versa.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.