graphic issues after updating

Reaction score
System:
intel powered iMac4,1 pre-installed with 10.4.

Problem:
After upgrading to 10.5 via a fresh reformat I have encountered visual oddities effecting what seems to be all programs.
ie; scrolling in finder/Safari leaves strange artifacts, often diagonal, making it unreadable. Grabbing and moving windows around has similar effect on the outer regions (especially if you shake it around).

Steps Taken:
I have installed all system updates with no noticeable improvements.
Also, running under a Safe Boot seems not to have these issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Sam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Stupid question (but at least a bump), but the graphic update was installed correctly?

OP
S
Reaction score
As near as I can tell, yes the graphic update was installed correctly. I downloaded it and allowed it to install and re-start when prompted, at which time it installed and restarted. It succeeded only in getting my hopes up.

A little more info:
-This particular iMac is one of, if not the first intel iMacs available.
-The original system discs are nowhere to be found (office disorganization).
-I attempted to revert using the 10.4 system discs from a model or two newer resulting in a message early in the installation telling me in it can't be done giving no explanation, only reboot options. Are system discs now specific to their corresponding machines?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.