Airport Extreme gigabit base station

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz core 2 duo, 4gb, 250gb + 1tb external, eyetv250+, MBP
Been searching for this, here and via google, and can't seem to find the answer.

In an effort to reduce clutter, solve some networking problems, and add some hard lines, I'm looking at the gigabit base station. I have a few external hard drives, which I'd like to hook up to the router. I can't seem to find anywhere if the USB port is USB 2. I assume that it is, but can anyone confirm this?

The machine that I most care about is the desktop which will be connected via hard wire. That is my media server, all media is stored on the 1tb external drive, which I'd like to put on the router up on a shelf in the laundry room.

I know everyone complains of TimeCapsule not working, I haven't looked into any of the third party apps yet and the remote drives. I personally prefer full system imaging anyway schedule during off hours.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz core 2 duo, 4gb, 250gb + 1tb external, eyetv250+, MBP
Nevermind, finally found an article that confirms that it is USB 2.0.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.