MacBook Power lead

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Hi Guys
When you guys work at home, do you have your MacBook on the powerlead or run from the battery.......whats best as regards battery life?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You can choose whichever one you want. When I'm in class, whether or not I'm connected to a socket is dependent on whether there is one nearby. I'll leave it plugged in every chance I get to forestall the possibility of not having a socket nearby for a long period and having the battery run down in a few hours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd
However, A good rule of thumb is that once a month you should run the battery down and charge all the way back up to preserve a good electrical charge and not drain the life of your battery.

"The more you know..." PSA :)

OP
chrisiw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Thanks Guys for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
However, A good rule of thumb is that once a month you should run the battery down and charge all the way back up to preserve a good electrical charge and not drain the life of your battery.

That reminds me, I haven't done that in a while...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.